Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 53

I have finally booked a date for my preliminary thesis defense. It is September 10. Now, I figure I should have a draft sent to my committee by, say, September 1. That leaves me only a month left to write. Thank goodness. I certainly hope I can finish a draft before then. I also hope my prelims go smoothly and I don't have to do lots of work after it.

Scheduling the actual defense may be hard. I was hoping for it to be 2 weeks after prelim but it might be more like a month. I don't know if I should be scheduling that now. It feels a little too overconfident.

I wrote yet another section of my thesis today. Hooray for me! And my synthesis is happy today. Now I just have to set up my second Soxhlet and I can go home to nibble on homemade garlic herb focaccia.

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely be scheduling now for the real defense. If it makes you feel better, you can say your are looking around for "prospective" (or maybe "tentative") FINAL thesis defense dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh my graduation ceremony is sept 10. i will be sending you positive vibes :)

    ReplyDelete