Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 3

Today I made some more progress on my thesis. Actually, I added another figure, which took up some space, AND added a table along with a few more paragraphs. Hmm. Meanwhile, I also backed up my thesis. I had to do some HF work today. Wrote for a few hours, then went out for 10 scoops of free ice cream.

I also found out that you can insert "captions" in Microsoft Word. And you can "cross reference." Wow. I'm too lazy/bored to learn to TeX like all the cool kids. Blaaargh.

Alas, I may flatline for a couple days because I'm heading out of this darned place for a wedding. Of course, now that I know there's at least three people who have heard of this blog, I guess I will attempt to do some work while away from lab. For a whole week! I'm so excited!

At this rate, this thesis will take forever. Blaaargh.

2 comments:

  1. well at least 4 people have commented on this blog so far. i would be SO impressed if you did work while you were in california. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. monday, 15 june, 2009 15:55 MAT

    i used LaTeX for my th#$!$. it's makes the document look so pretty. it's sooooooo much easier than word and much more stable. you have much more control over the formatting of your document. i highly recommend it.

    if you don't want to learn to code in TeX, buy scientific workplace and it will do it for you.

    ,` )

    ReplyDelete